Gratitude Day 417
Thurs., Mar. 5, 2020
Matthew 6:34: (Jesus said,) “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Today. We call today “the present.” There’s a reason why today is called the present. It’s because EVERY DAY is a gift.
Today is special. Unique. As Hubby Rick often says, “There will never be another Mar. 5, 2020.” So, make the most of today.
How might you make today special and great? Here’s a few suggestions:
- Smile at everyone today, even if you don’t really feel like smiling.
- Call someone out of the blue. Have a real conversation with them.
- Observe some little thing in nature. And celebrate this wonderful creation around us.
- Eat just a tiny bit of something you LOVE. Savor that little bit and be shocked by just how good it tastes.
- Set aside worry and anxiety and give them a vacation. If only for today.
- Make a gratitude list. Write down all the ways you feel gratitude today.
- Listen to a favorite song and sing along, whether you can sing or not!
- Come up with your own way to celebrating today as a present.
Yes, there maybe challenges in your life. Yes, there are a million and one things that you could do. But please, just please, celebrate today as the special gift that it is.
Don’t let the day slip away. Honor it. Uphold it. Relish it. There is only one today. There is only the gift of today once. Now, make it an amazing day!
For celebrating the wonderful gift of today, I am grateful.
Holy God – too often, we fail to see the glory and beauty in the gift of today. Challenge me to see this gift all day long. Amen.
If you have enjoyed this blog, please pass it along to someone else who will also enjoy it.