Gratitude Day 478
Mon., June 22, 2020
Hebrews 10:31 – It’s scary to fall into the hands of the living God!
For many people, change is scary.
We love comfortable. We yearn for predictable. So, when things like a pandemic, awareness of persistent inequality, ridiculous quick unemployment, a sluggish economy, and an unknown future stare us in the face, life feels unmanageable. Scary. Overwhelming.
As people begin and continue to post comments and pictures wishing 2020 was over, my heart gets sad. Every day IS a gift from God. I wish we would treat them as carefully as other valued gifts rather than wishing them away …
So, let’s think about the remainder of 2020 from a slightly different perspective:
- Let’s see these challenging days as opportunities to discover something new about ourselves. Others. The world.
- May we welcome the unlimited opportunity to grow and welcome the new branches that lead us into areas we could not previously imagine.
- Let’s embrace change as a gift … and not a four-letter word. Maybe, just maybe, we’ve been too complacent for far too long.
- Can we wrap our heads and hands around the possibilities that are sitting right there in front of us? Just waiting for us to see them.
- May we finally listen to the clanging sound that has been trying to open our hearts for far too long to something we’ve never even considered.
Most importantly, may the unsureness of each day force us seek God and know that God yearns for us to listen. And may we have enough good sense to finally stop and listen.
The year 2020 is FAR from being over. No, it’s just beginning. Let’s embrace and celebrate each day and know this may be a pivotable year for so many.
For optimism in days ahead, I am grateful.
Dear God – Sometimes, we so casually wish a day or a week or a timeframe away. Instead, help us to celebrate each day. May we embrace the new things You’ve led us to and turned our scaredness into trust in You. Amen.
If you have enjoyed this blog, please pass it along to someone else who will also enjoy it.